Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Day of the Rest of My Life



Hello all,

I’m pretty stoked right now.  That’s because I just got myself a job in the game industry.  And I start that job in about 12 hours.  In 12 hours, I’m going to be a mobile engineer, programming games for the iPhone.   That’s something I’ve done before, but this will be the first time I will earn a yearly salary because of it.   I just wanted to throw up my first post right before I officially started engineering because I want to tell you all about my experience, and I thought it would be better if I introduced myself first.  In the coming weeks (hopefully I’ll have the time), I want to share with the internet what it is like to start working with a game studio.  Because right now, I don’t know what it is going to be like and my goal is that next person that wonders that will just be able to read this blog and find out.

I can’t wait to find out myself.  I want to know what it’s like to work on a team, specifically a team that has a deadline, and a product manager, and a chain of command.   I want to know when it’s ok to take a break and check out the latest gaming news.   I want to know how everyone stays coordinated.  I want to know how closely everyone works together.  I want to know when it’s ok to go home for the night. I want to know when I have to stay late.   And I really want to know what I need to know to get this job done.  Finally, I want to tell you all about it, so expect my experience in the coming weeks, and maybe a little bit on how I got up to this point.  Tell then, I’m off to panic about it being the first day of school all over again.

Laters,

Andrew Brozek

Currently Playing: Nothing!  Too busy panicking!   And Magicka.      

1 comment: